This guide provides steps for quickly and easily installing Citrix Receiver – a program required to use our hosted desktop services. The Citrix Receiver webpage will attempt to detect which Operating System you are using and offer you the right download, however we shall cover what to do if this does not go to plan!
- Head on over to the Citrix Receiver website at: http://receiver.citrix.com – You can follow this link!
- If the website has successfully detected your computers Operating System, click the relevant download button that is on screen – In this example, we’re using a Windows machine.
- If your Operating System has not been detected, or is wrong, select the ‘Find Citrix Receiver for other platforms’ link to choose the download that suits you.
- After agreeing to the terms and conditions and clicking continue, your computer will download an installation file.
- At this point, Citrix will provide browser specific instructions on how to start the installation process. You will need to run the file that’s downloaded manually to start this off.
- After the installation has completed, click ‘Finish’. Congratulations- you have successfully installed Citrix Receiver!